In addition to providing solid waste collection services, Honolulu Disposal Service, Inc. has the largest recycling operation in the state operating under the name Honolulu Recovery Systems.
Honolulu Recovery Systems has three separate recycling facilities located in close proximity to the Honolulu Disposal Service base yard. Honolulu Recovery Systems operates three high-density balers as well as the largest Materials Recycling Facility (MRF) in the state. These recycling centers currently process and ship to market thousands of tons of cardboard, newspaper, aluminum, plastic and glass every month. But more importantly we are keeping the recyclables out of our precious and limited landfills.
Did You Know?
- Honolulu Disposal Service and our affiliated companies collectively extract more recyclable materials than any other Company in Hawaii.
- We recycle cardboard, newspaper, mixed paper, plastics, glass, aluminum and other recyclable commodities.
- Our waste recovery specialists can help design programs to fulfill the unique demands of each customer, including regularly scheduled and on-call pickup of recyclable materials.
- Roll out collection toters are available in 65 and 95-gallon sizes
- Cardboard collection bins are available in various sizes and configurations, including those with optional locking lid mechanisms